The focal points in environment simulation include,
- testing low voltage and high voltage plugs and contact systems. In addition to LV 214 / LV 215, USCAR 2 is also frequently used.
- The simulation of vehicle movements (including steering motion) in order to determine the effects on wires and components, e.g. sensor cables and sockets. In addition to testing parameters based on customer instructions, PV 3589 is also frequently used in these situations.
- Testing the vibration resistance of individual components or entire components groups via various DIN-specified testing procedures on our electro-dynamic shaker.
- Tests regarding water tightness utilising our water spray chamber, which meets the specifications laid out in ISO 20653.
- Tests regarding corrosion resistance in salt spray in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9227, to name one example.
- Determining the electrical conductivity and/or de-rating of wires, contacts and cable harnesses.
We are happy to assist you in producing and performing your company's own tests entirely in-line with your own needs and specific requirements.
Here are some examples:
- Abrasion tests at high temperatures up to +150°C
- Current cycle tests
- Short circuit tests
- Wear corrosion
- Chassis simulation tests in climate chamber (specified or application-specific)
- Slow-motion tests up to approx. +260°C
- Door slam trials in climate chamber (special situations can be emulated)
- Cyclic bending tests from -40°C to +180°C
- And much more...
LABCO's comprehensive collection of machinery is available for these tests and much more. Equipment can be combined and expanded to meet the specifications of your test.